About Me

A blog about our beautiful and busy family!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween pictures

Halloween this year was definitely a lot more fun - not only is Hayden getting the hang of it, but Jonathan and I actually dressed up for the first time this year - and hopefully will be the start of a fun tradition in the future! It all started last Monday, when we carved our pumpkins . . .


Hayden was having a lot of fun, until it came time to put his hand in the pumpkin to remove all the contents! He kept saying, "I don't want to - it's gross!!"


Then Friday came around and Jonathan and I dressed up as old fashioned golfers for a Halloween party . . . I felt pretty nerdy, but it was a lot of fun!


Then, Saturday was our ward's "Trunk or Treat" where the kids go trick or treating for candy in the parking lot of our church. We decorated the back of our mini van to hand out candy and Hayden managed to fill up this pumpkin bucket with candy twice - that's right twice! We have just as much candy now as we did when we started.

Hayden dressed up as a train engineer and Aubrey sported the penguin costume!


Then, we got home and Jonathan and I had to teach Hayden the traditional "dump your candy on the living room floor and see what you got" tradition! So, Hayden enjoyed eating as much as he could before I then distracted him in the other room while Jonathan hid the candy in a kitchen cupboard - I know that's not going to work next year when he's old enough to remember!




No comments: