We are officially calling it another snow day at our house with another chiller temperature forecasted for today at -24 degrees and a fresh foot and a half of snow from the weekend sitting in our yard! This past month has had many similar days, so we've been hanging out inside most of January. I thought I'd give an update on how everyone is doing and we've been surviving the cold this past month, especially since it has been a while since the last post after Christmas.
Hayden has been loving the snow - sledding down the hill Jonathan made for him in the back yard and saying hello to "Frosty" through his bedroom window. Although, with the cold days, he hasn't had too much of a chance to go outside. He's been enjoying his new play area down in the basement, though, where he can enjoy all of his new toys he got for Christmas and work on some crafts and projects with mommy. Hayden has such a love for learning these days, he'll grab a book anytime throughout the day and ask me to sit down with him and read. His favorites these days are the Robert Munch books that I used to read as a kid - he loves "Mortimer!" and "I Have to Go!" Both books make him laugh and feed his repertoire of jokes he loves to tell us!
As for Aubrey, all I can say is that she's on the go all the time! Mastering how to run as fast as she can when she puts something in her mouth and knows she's not supposed to have it - she is one smart cookie! Still gracing us with her smile and always as happy as can be!
Her hair just recently grew long enough for me to put pigtails in her hair, so I wanted to share those photos as well.
Aubrey's aunt and uncle in Edmonton gave her a play kitchen for her birthday and it has been quite the hit, mostly with Hayden, but they love playing together, making "treats" as Hayden calls it. Hayden's imagination has been growing in leaps and bounds, so this is perfect for him right now!

1 comment:
It has been cold here too. Anything to keep them happy inside where it's warm...too cute! What a fun mom you are! Miss you!
Post a Comment