About Me

A blog about our beautiful and busy family!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm calling it a sick day . . .


To commemorate the end of winter, why not have another round of colds to sweep the house?
I mean, might as well have an excuse to stay indoors since we still have 4 foot snow mountains in our backyard!
As I write this blog post, I have a very sleepy half passed out little girl on my lap, who has already taken a very long morning nap and a now three year old boy fast asleep on the couch behind me.
Sick days, for me, put everything back into perspective as a mom.
Doing nothing all day with my sick kids except cuddle, heat up warm milk (Hayden's favorite), cuddle some more, and take naps can teach me some pretty important lessons.
Chores can wait, Hayden and Aubrey shouldn't. And for me, this is a very hard thing.
But, is it really? I mean, who could resist them?
Unfortunately, we had to cancel celebrating Hayden's 3rd birthday on the weekend because of these horrible chest colds the kids have, but hopefully, by Saturday, all will be well, and Hayden's Wiggles Party can go as planned! Oh yes, Hayden is going to go crazy for the Wiggles!

Our little muscians have not stopped playing music since getting sick. Hayden (and now Aubrey!) are finding anything and everything to play music with - although when it comes to my roasting pans, some wooden spoons, and the witching hour of 5 o'clock, I have to draw a line!
And thanks to Jonathan for being very persistent in clearing our patio all winter, the kids have recently ventured into the great outdoors - oooooh! A big deal, I know!
Hayden has now mastered riding his John Deere tricycle, but we are currently waiting for an area to clear where he can ride it for more than 5 meters.

Aubrey continues to be our very happy little girl, nothing can really get her down. She's all smiles and constantly on the go. Although, recently when it's really quiet and I start to wonder where she is, I'll walk down the hall to find her reading books on the floor in her room. Another bookworm to join Hayden in his pursuits!
Speaking of which, Hayden is quite the reader these days! He loves getting his new books from the library and sitting on our laps to read. And he continues to impress us with the words he can read too! It all stemmed from reading the words off the VCR, DVD player, and the microwave - favorite word still remains - "no disc"
Hayden's awake now, got to go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute